• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what axles are these?

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
ok what axles are these?
Front....
front.JPG

Back....
back.JPG

Sorry about the size and it probably going to take a wile to load. its bouncing off my server. but can you identify it is a 1990 larado.

and the front is fuzzy the camra was dieing. and yes thats coolant dripping.

Dana 30 fore, Dana 35 aft.

I don't think you'd get stuck with the C-clip axles for the 1990MY, but check. You can look for a sort of "swelling" of the axle tube just inside of the brake assembly on the rear - if you have it, you do not have C-clips. If you don't have it, you probably have C-clips.

The front axle shafts are retained by the preload nut in the hub bearing assembly.

5-90

You didn't even need to post pics. The only axles available in the 1990 model year were a vacuum-disconnect Dana 30 front and a c-clip Dana 35 rear. If you have a 4.0 and manual transmission, then you have 3.07 gears, giving you just about the worst, least desirable axle combinations ever to appear in the Cherokee. I had those in my 90 until two months ago.

Mambeu said:
You didn't even need to post pics. The only axles available in the 1990 model year were a vacuum-disconnect Dana 30 front and a c-clip Dana 35 rear.

i have a non-disco dana 30 in my 1990....the selec-trac np242 had a non disco front axle always.

-Tim

What a shame that we have a shiny new FAQ that can't answer his question as he has nothing visual to compare the pics to.

Also a shame that this thread is three months old...

You wanna see pics of the axles so you can actually compare them and know what you have? Go to http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/gear1.html

Back