• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing issue?

The Lure Washer

NAXJA Forum User
Ok heres what im planning on running on my 1990. Im looking at rustys 4.5in kit. I also plan on running a 31x10.5x15 mud tire. When chooing a rim Im torn between 2. One of those being crager soft 8's the other being an aluminum alloy rim. The cragers backspace is 4 inches and the other is 3.5. Am I going to run into any sort of problem with rubbing, be it either fender or suspension/steering component? I know im probrably beating a dead horse on the subject. I used the search and the answers I was looking for were not found. Thanx in advance.

~Matt

a lot of people run 4 no problems. you wouldnt rub with 4.5.

x2
I'm running 3.75 and they stick out enough. I have TJ flares and my 33x12.5's fit under the rears without any problem. The front they stick out a little bit. 4 inch BS will keep everything away from suspension components and you may not need to do much with your flares

Back