• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RAGE!!!!!!

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
the wife washed my cell phone. email is now the quickest way to get ahold of me. lahardcore(at)gmail.com

Lucky, my wife flushed her's down the toilet "all the way down"

You should check your pockets before you take your pants off... .!.:D.!.

Damn dude, that phone somehow survived the Pacific when I had it!

this is why i have a waterproof phone now.

I am going to get the Gz'one from Verizon, supposed to be pretty rugged. Might want to think about a tougher phone.

I hate being cell less...

I am going to get the Gz'one from Verizon, supposed to be pretty rugged. Might want to think about a tougher phone.

I hate being cell less...

I have that. Best phone I've ever bought.

I have the V220? I believe. Its the cheap one that comes with the plan. It takes decent pics and stuff and its real stuff. I had one for about a year and a half and felt on it rock climbing, It fell out of car doors, Dropped it quite a few times and it even fell outta my pocket while i was on my dirt bike. Its held up great. I finally broke it for good about a month ago and got another. I believ you can get them for 70 to 80 bucks.

the wife washed my cell phone. email is now the quickest way to get ahold of me. lahardcore(at)gmail.com

Hey grimm, I got a smart from from like 2005 your welcome to. Its works just fine. Its a flip style motorola I think mpx220. IF you have ATT that is

Do you have the newer one or the older one?

I know someone with the older one and it looks and feels awesome.

If the newer one is as tough I am gonna get it next week.

Newer one. Got it in Sept. A friend of mine has the old one and I think its too big.

Its tough, if you get the black one its got a rubberized coating which helps with shock resistance.

If they get wet, putting them in a ziplock full of uncooked rice for 48 hours will suck all the water out. My wife dropped her Tmobile G1 google phone in the toilet when it was about 4 days old, wouldn't turn on, put it in rice for a few days, works fine 99% of the time (touch screen wigs out every once in awhile....guess they don't like peepee baths)

If they get wet, putting them in a ziplock full of uncooked rice for 48 hours will suck all the water out. My wife dropped her Tmobile G1 google phone in the toilet when it was about 4 days old, wouldn't turn on, put it in rice for a few days, works fine 99% of the time (touch screen wigs out every once in awhile....guess they don't like peepee baths)

Hadn't heard of the rice trick. I've found that the best bet is if doused, soaked, or otherwise exposed to water:
always pull the battery immediately, if not sooner.
Then lay it on a towel and put it in the oven (no, not a toaster oven!) on the very lowest possible heat setting, and leave the oven door propped open a little bit. Bake for an hour or two, checking that it doesn't become overly warm. Do NOT frost it when it comes out of the oven!

woohoo it dried out and it works again! display looks a little funny but i can live with that!

Damn that phone is the world's only waterproof chocolate!

Back