• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

old to new ebrake cables..

Kinslayer

NAXJA Forum User
Did some research on here and i've found that I could use YJ passenger side cables for a longer ebrake.. However, I have a D44 rear that I swapped discs from a ZJ into..so the ebrake cable connector is different.

So - What about stock newer ZJ cables? My XJ is a 98 so it has the drivers side biased handle/cable... and that box that mounts to the body instead of the Y bar/adapter/hoohaw.

You can do another Pass side cable(on the drivers side) w/ adapters.How much lift do you have,Im at 6" on my 2000 w/ stock cables.

If you look under a disk brake clad ZJ there is a piece of metal that holds the two cables to the unibody right before they go up to the e-brake cable. I grabbed that part and the ZJ cables to make my e-brake work. PM me for more details.

If you look under a disk brake clad ZJ there is a piece of metal that holds the two cables to the unibody right before they go up to the e-brake cable. I grabbed that part and the ZJ cables to make my e-brake work. PM me for more details.
Sounds same/similar to the 97+ mounting bracket.
The adapers you can get from Lokar.

Get two KJ cables - part no. 52128510AG.

Back