• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's Got Water?

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
The Newaukum is about a foot over the banks near our house. Fortunately we do not live there now because of December's flood in 2007 (our house had 31 inches in our house and we are still rebuilding it), but are currently living in Centrailia.

Just wondering who else has water. Pictures are also good too...I will have pictures by tomorrow.

-PJ-

It isn't good when your neighborhood is on the front page of another cities newspaper and Kiro 7 is camped out just down the block from my house. But luckily I am one of the higher houses in my neighborhood by a couple of feet.

I have never really wanted waterfront property ;)

But still dry

Crap Hans if that changes and you need help with bagging or anything give me a ring.

I was just watching komo news and saw a mog that lives a few blocks from my apt driving through a flooded street up here. Good thing I live in a 3rd floor apt. :D

-Alex

It's raining at my house...does that count?

~Scott

The city has been doing a good job of keeping the drains clear this year, though we always get a good puddle going up the driveway/parking lot outside. Landlords have sandbags on call every time though, so we're not too terribly worried about it. It has only ever come as close as 20 feet from the building in the past.

Crap Hans if that changes and you need help with bagging or anything give me a ring.

I was just watching komo news and saw a mog that lives a few blocks from my apt driving through a flooded street up here. Good thing I live in a 3rd floor apt. :D

-Alex

Thanks Alex for the offer. But no bagging going on here.
We are staying dry as well as most of my neighbors. If the water raises another 2-3 feet then I will be making some calls. My cul du sac is the only one that doesn't have 14"-24" of water.

Video of my neighborhood
http://www.kirotv.com/video/18434072/index.html

BTW was it the white Mog or the OD green Mog?

I was just down at Squalicum creek and it is NUTS! Probably a few feet of water at the corner of Squalicum Pkwy and Seaview (Down by Bellingham Cold Storage).

I'll load the pics so I can show you!

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

Had to go on a rescue mission up the Table Rock Fork of the Molalla river tonight. I had friends go up there and they got trapped by trees, not flooding, though all the forks of the Molalla were running quite high. I'm sure tomorrow there'll be some flooding up that way. Wagon Wheel Park was thoroughly flooded tonight too.

OD green mog, 2 dr shorter bed. Might be somewhat embarrassing if your house flooded given your occupation. :D

-Alex

I am sure after a few phone calls I could have some big pumps magically appear at my house. ;)

There are two OD-green MOGs that live on Nevada St south of Alabama St. But that isn't near your apartment right. You live on Fairy st :D

My Mother in law lives on the Stilly outside Granite Falls. The house is built with flooding expected so it's not that big a deal ( all living quarters on the upper level, garage only below). The problem in her neighborhood is that Chappel Creek flows into the Stilly at the edge of their lots. When the Stilly rises above flood level the Creek moves from it's normal channel over to the neighborhood road channel. Currently at 16' -17' the water is lapping around the foundation and the neighbors who insist on littering their yards and under home areas with trash are getting it cleaned out by Mother Nature :mad:. Every time this happens some one up there is grousing about how they just got done drywalling the uder house "bonus area" and loading a pool table, bar, whatever in there and it's now all ruined. I lack sympathy since I then get to go up there when the water receeds and clean their crap out of the Mother in law's yard and they never claim their stuff from the roadside pile so I get to haul it to the dump as well.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/uv/?site_no=12161000&PARAmeter_cd=00060,00065

I am sure after a few phone calls I could have some big pumps magically appear at my house. ;)

There are two OD-green MOGs that live on Nevada St south of Alabama St. But that isn't near your apartment right. You live on Fairy st :D

Not really, but I see one of the OD green ones down parked out here quite a few times a week. Might just be visiting.

Should we start mog watch?:shhh:

-Alex

Back