• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hei on a 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnMcc

NAXJA Forum User
I've posted this question in the oem forum but I figured I'd probably need to post it here.
I know it's possable to put the efi from the 4.0 onto a 4.2 is the reverse possible?Could I put in a hei and a 2bbl holley?

I bought the jeep not running and I am having a heck of a time trying to track down the no start issue.During my research I've read quite a few threads of this same kind of frustration.
most reliable ignition system I've ever worked with is the hei,why not?

found some good info on both the ford dura spark and gm hei ingnitions.anyone know for sure if the dizzy's (dizzies?)swap out?

OEM Tech would be a great place to start,along with the Search feature!

OEM Tech would be a great place to start,along with the Search feature!
so swapping a efi to carb and hei is oem forum material?
go ahead use the search I have.tell me what you find on my subject.Thanks for your helpful smartassness it should help me get this jeep fixed in no time.wish I'd thought of being a tool.I'd used myself to fix it.

if you got some extra time maybe you could enlighten me with your expansive experience on this subject.

lol,I just went through your posts,lol,maybe you should be in the oem forum.

I'm gonna help you on some of your brilliant threads.see you there.

Hey man if your here to argue with people, you wont get alone with most people here....As for your question, i was thinking of doing the same earlier, but with little success, it is not that you cant do it, but you will loose things like fuel economy and performance, so it would be better to keep searching.

Hey man if your here to argue with people, you wont get alone with most people here....As for your question, i was thinking of doing the same earlier, but with little success, it is not that you cant do it, but you will loose things like fuel economy and performance, so it would be better to keep searching.

arguing?I asked a question after I used the search,on more than just this site.I have no problem taking criticism or sarcasm,but being a tool is just that.I don't take it in real life or the net.grow up,if you haven't got an answer keep your bs to yourself.
how would I lose fuel economy and performance with a properly tuned hei and carb?

just so you know it can be done the 4.2 and 4.0 are basically the same motor besides displacement.so if you really wanted, it can be done.maybe you should research alittle more.

In case you think I'm a new guy to cars or trucks you are sadly mistaken.However the problems I have with this jeep are new to me.which does not mean I'm an idiot or don't know how to use the forum features.I've been thru your posts too,impressive.lol

arguing?I asked a question after I used the search,on more than just this site.I have no problem taking criticism or sarcasm,but being a tool is just that.I don't take it in real life or the net.grow up,if you haven't got an answer keep your bs to yourself.
how would I lose fuel economy and performance with a properly tuned hei and carb?
I agree, and some people do come off like that without realizing it, but i hate to see fights start over stupid crap...Fuel economy on a tuned carb will still be less than a properly functioning fuel injection system, performance, could go either way depending on porting of the intake and the size of carb, but fuel economy will fluctuate with that....But the one wire setup would be nice with a MSD ignition. :confused1

In case you think I'm a new guy to cars or trucks you are sadly mistaken.However the problems I have with this jeep are new to me.which does not mean I'm an idiot or don't know how to use the forum features.I've been thru your posts too,impressive.lol
And now who is the one being a smartass....:doh:

I agree, and some people do come off like that without realizing it, but i hate to see fights start over stupid crap...Fuel economy on a tuned carb will still be less than a properly functioning fuel injection system, performance, could go either way depending on porting of the intake and the size of carb, but fuel economy will fluctuate with that....But the one wire setup would be nice with a MSD ignition. :confused1
I hear ya,I was only asking a question.I thought that was what this was for.
he didn't seem like a tool,he is a tool.I have been thru almost every post here some of you guys really do know what you are talking about.some llike to just get a high post count and think they do.why even respond if you know you are being a tool?whatever though,it's your forum.
I would like to hear more about your turbo,what are you using for t/c?I have quite alot of experience with forced induction,especially blow thru.

I hear ya,I was only asking a question.I thought that was what this was for.
he didn't seem like a tool,he is a tool.I have been thru almost every post here some of you guys really do know what you are talking about.some llike to just get a high post count and think they do.why even respond if you know you are being a tool?whatever though,it's your forum.
I would like to hear more about your turbo,what are you using for t/c?I have quite alot of experience with forced induction,especially blow thru.
My setup is on hold right now, because of lack of funds, im using a ct26, and i have the mounting fabed for it, and a chopped up manifold lol, so ya not much progress, lots of ideas, but thats all they are right now.

I meant it I wasn't trying to be.I read before I post.I try to find my answer just so I can avoid the usual guys with the same ole copy paste from someone else's crap.

My bad lol

why is it that when someone asks a question it can't just be answered?I ended up finding my answer on another site without having to post.
so tell me why I need to be in the oem forum?cause I'm new?lol,yeah that's it. my post count isn't high.I don't have a junk yard lifted jeep?Maybe it's the 20-22 jeeps I've lifted that don't count.I've read thru all kinds of threads and I avoid posting like the plague for this very reason.

This topic is a weird one, it could go in either, its just hard to find any info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back