• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2x4 to 4x4 questions

mjdavis31

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 88 MJ with a 2.5 it was 2 wheel drive 4 speed i found a 5 speed and a 207 t-case i have a t-case shift linkage out of a 99 ish cherokee but the links are too long probaly due to a longer t-case also the handle end hits the top of the t-case when down in the 2 wheel drive poss so i was wondering if any one knew of the top of there head what handle and linkage i need to find this time of the year is not when i want to be crawling under jeeps ant the junk yard. thank's for any input.

I have a 88 MJ with a 2.5 it was 2 wheel drive 4 speed i found a 5 speed and a 207 t-case i have a t-case shift linkage out of a 99 ish cherokee but the links are too long probaly due to a longer t-case also the handle end hits the top of the t-case when down in the 2 wheel drive poss so i was wondering if any one knew of the top of there head what handle and linkage i need to find this time of the year is not when i want to be crawling under jeeps ant the junk yard. thank's for any input.

You'll be looking from 84 to 87 with that 207, it's probably due to the length of the ax-5 rather than the t-case that your stuff doesn't match up.

Did you also get a front axle???

Back