• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to Run Exhaust

The best exhaust I have seen (for rocks):

No Cat, Fuel tank moved inside the rig, Muffler tucked up high where the fuel tank use to be and the pipes are tight to the under body tucked up where the floor meets the frame rails, pipe exits just behind the rear shackle on the drivers side (side exhaust like you want). This keeps everything up out of harms way.

With a cat your have the problem of it hanging low and getting torn up. I have mine pressed up as high as possible but it still sits just below the frame rail a touch. I have the thinner flat cat, not the round one that is thicker. The cats are surprisingly durable. I added 1"x1/8 steel straps welded to the muffler body then rosette welded 16 guage(?) sheet to that. My armored muffler has lasted well over a year where my last two only lasted 3 & 6 mo respectively.

Some folks add braided stainless exhaust hose (used for turbo installations) between the manifold and exhaust pipe to keep from cracking the manifolds.

Hope that helps

Back