• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for good Tranny shop in AZ new to area

pma4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ with the AW4 And I just lost overdrive today. I suspect its not long for this world. The fluid was kinda nasty when i got it and had planned on a change but i feel it was already doomed.

I dont have a garage to do this myself otherwise i would.

Can anyone recommend a good tranny shop? I have only been down here for 2 years and not had to deal with any service shops yet in the Valley.

Any info would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Automatic transmission Exchange-44th/Washington

uh, what part of Arizona are you in? Probably not mine, but for future searches I'll throw in Ramco Transmissions for Yuma, AZ. Most of the mechanics in town will send trannys to them if they need rebuilt.

ramjet308 said:
RCP PHX

Have you delt with Automatic transmission Exchange in the past?

How was the service?

what tranny did they rebuild for you?

any problems with them or the tranny since?
Ive dealt with them several times over the last 30yrs and always got great service.You might also see if Motra Transmission is still around,theyre good too.

lost1 said:
uh, what part of Arizona are you in? Probably not mine, but for future searches I'll throw in Ramco Transmissions for Yuma, AZ. Most of the mechanics in town will send trannys to them if they need rebuilt.

I am in the phoenix area. but if i have to drive to get good service Yuma dont bug me. I think it could make it:rolleyes:

Back