• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you guys ever get tired of wrenching

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I feel like its all I've done lately.

Xmas eve I did the oil filter adapter seals

Friday I swapped t-cases

Today I put new UCA bushings in my front axle.

Tomorrow I need to install the new front axle, put new u-joints in the shafts, and swap the ball joints.

My goal is to be ready to drive the Jeep to Big Bear on Tuesday. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it.

nope. :D

put a new battery in the MJ today with Brendan's help, and i couldnt be happier :D i love having the time to work on my rig :cheers:

So your not done yet... J/K
You need to have a wrench party, that helps.. I take all the new stuff to the dealers, so i only work on the heep now...Yes i do

if you dont wrench then you dont develop an intimate relationship with the vehicle and the ones that you dont have a relatioship with seem to pe a total pile of crap. i had one car i didnt wrench on and it was a pile and i knew nothing baout it.

i know every noise, creak, moan bitch, pop and bump my jeep makes and i know what causes most of them.

I hear you man. Sometimes I do, but I realize that it is something I love to do and it is more economical that I do it. The worst thing is when you spend hours doing something and then it still doesn't come out right. That sucks.

man i just wish i had the cash to always be wrenching on the old piece.

i break stuff waaaaay more than i have the wallet for.

wrenching=money to fix broken crap.

The worst thing is when you spend hours doing something and then it still doesn't come out right. That sucks.

Yeah, thats where I'm at. I like wrenching when I feel like I'm making a difference and its some fun new part. Lately all the work has been getting things back where they were.

I've done too much dana 30 work in the past year, should have bought a 44 to begin with.

I replaced the seals on my oil filter and something in the same area is still leaking

The t-case seems good, it was leaking because I didn't torque down the front output enough. Hopefully thats good now.

all your fruits who love wrenching wanna head on up to dennis and throw my head gasket on and toss in a d30? lol

Between myself, my wife and daughter..there's 6 (7 counting our tractor) vehicles I need to maintain/repair. They nearly always have issues one right after the other and then I'll catch a short break before the cycle starts again.

It DOES get old some times...but it beats the $hit out of paying someone else $$$ to perform reapairs I'm capable of myself.

I look forward to wrenching. That's why I got a second Jeep. :)

I was over at Brendan's yesterday changing my header gasket. Then I just got finished putting a 97 header panel, bumper, and fenders on the MJ and re-wiring the lights.

I find working on the Jeeps to be very therapeutic.

i think the reason i dont get tired of wrenchin is because i dont get to do it often enough, im always working, well at work anyway:laugh:

dude it is cold everywhere lol, we just got 3 feet of freakin snow!! hahaha

a chance to work on the jeep is very therapeutic for me. I hate spending all the money on it when I dont have any. It sucks when yer broke (financially) and have to replace some stuff. I wish I had money to get the cool new parts. Lately, I havent been very motivated to do anything to mine. Gimme a couple grand and my motivation will come back. :D

Back