• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front Diff

cherokee26

NAXJA Forum User
i need some help figuring out what front axle is under my jeep. The jeep is a 87 XJ 4dr 4.0 I6 5speed the numbrs i found on the diff cover are 8953000980 on the first line then underneath that the numbers 3 07 43-41 any help would be great also i cant find the rear axle numbers anywhere the only tag i could find is a tag that says use limited slip oil only?

i need some help figuring out what front axle is under my jeep. The jeep is a 87 XJ 4dr 4.0 I6 5speed the numbrs i found on the diff cover are 8953000980 on the first line then underneath that the numbers 3 07 43-41 any help would be great also i cant find the rear axle numbers anywhere the only tag i could find is a tag that says use limited slip oil only?
For this kind of stuff, a quick search would answer your questions. The front is a High Pinion Dana 30 with 3.07 gears, the rear is either a Dana 35 or Dana 44. Can you take a picture?

-----Matt-----

i do have a picture but how do i upload it on this reply

What are you looking for?

I'm not looking for anything really i was just wondering what i had under my jeep but i have been helped out with that regard. the only thing im having a hard time locating is the proper transfercase linkage for my jeep i have been to many junk yards/salvage yards and no luck so far i have found the proper driveshaft just waiting till payday for that. is 45 bucks a decent price i think so ans yes i know to buy new ujoints and hardware.

Back