• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep is no more :(

besthaticouldo

NAXJA Forum User
well i totalled my jeep yesterday

im just a tad shaken up. i am incredibly sore. we did 1.25 turns and landed on the driver side

we were on our way to a trail in ramona, going down a dirt road, well because of the rains there was puddles on the road, i apparently chose the wrong way to go, and we got caught and it ripped the steering wheel out of my hands, and honestly i could not tell you what happened after that, the only thing i remember after we hit the water was reaching over to see if my buddy was still there.

we were both wearing our seat belts and we are both fine, im a bit banged up and sore, but im fine.

so now im out of a car...great :(

i have pics on my camera, the tow company wanted 400 something to tow it to ramona and then they were gonna charge me 600+ to charge it to orange county. it was ridiculous. i really didnt have any other choice, since i didn't have over 1k to drop on the tow bills. i signed the title over to them to pay for the tow. they charged me like 100 because we weren't on paved road, then like 70 something because they had to winch it back onto its wheels, then the distance took over. it was ridiculous. i wasnt happy, but i had no where to strip the truck anyway. so se la vie.

just freaking sucks!

i honestly don't know what to do, i have never been that scared in my life, im stunned the xj held up that well. we are both fine, seatbelts save lives!

anyway, i just needed to vent because im sad and a bit confused and totally effed.

merry freaking christmas!!!!!!!!!! :bawl::bawl::bawl:

Holy crap bro glad you are ok. Sorry for your loss. Wish you would have been able to call we could have organized a rescue party. Let me know if ya need any thing.

thanks paul and scottmcneal!

i had no service, and worse off i smacked my N series on the side of the jeep and its been acting up.

i agree. trucks can be replaced, but my buddy and i are fine. we are both counting our blessings.

Thats why we all have AAA Premier, expensive but well worth it.

Glad to hear that you are OK.

Another thing to do is start collecting phone #'s from NAXJA peeps.

Many times they have dropped whatever they were doing to help a fellow member with an emergency.

Another thing to do is start collecting phone #'s from NAXJA peeps.

Many times they have dropped whatever they were doing to help a fellow member with an emergency.

yea, i talked to carol after i got cell service, cuz i had to give her the ornament i made for her. so i was going to give her a heads up. and she basically told me the same thing.

Bummer..

Glad to hear you guys are ok..

Are you able to pick it from them if you pay them $400?? Someone around here might have a trailer and truck and be able to tow it home for you..

E

wow that sucks. if its driveable, buy it back and make it a buggy. Im glad you guys are ok.

Sorry to hear it, Derrick.
If there's anything I can do to help you get your rig back, let me know.
Glad you're OK.

sorry to hear about your loss. these threads pop up too often and its sad.

i dont know how modified your last xj was, but i'd hate to loose everything i have on mine, and mine isnt THAT modified...

Derrik...

I'm going to be a dick here, but its a tough love thinggie, okay?
;)

YOu dumb a** mother fu**er, what the fu*k were you doing without
AAA?
How many farkin' times do I have to tell people, own a Jeep, have a AAA towing membership!

And another damn thing, all you would have had to do is call ANYONE of us.
Someone would have posted up your distress call and we could have come to your rescue. I could have brought the truck and trailer up there and at least got your junk down here to store until you could decide what to do with it.

Someone bitch slap Derrik will ya'?

Okay, I'm glad you two are okay.
But now I want to know where you were, exactly. I lived in Ramona for fifteen years and know most of the roads out there. I'd bed RBS towing picked you up, did they? I know the owner, and maybe I could work something out with him.

Let me know.

Once again, don't take this too serious, I'm just giving you guff.

:D

tough love Rick good on ya

Back