• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GM Jeeps?

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
JK with a GM 4.8 or 5.3 V8 would rock.

MSN article said:
(GM, news, msgs) shot down a Wall Street Journal report that suggested that merger talks between GM and Chrysler have been reignited. Talks about a deal between the two struggling automakers reignited after Chrysler's parent, Cerberus Capital Management, indicated that it was willing to sell part of its stake, the Wall Street Journal reported this morning.
"I can say unequivocally we are not in any merger talks with Chrysler," spokesman Tony Cervone said in a statement today. "Our position on that has not changed."
GM said Nov. 7 that it was ending talks about a strategic acquisition while it focused on getting government loans to survive.
The automakers' cash troubles are raging to a boil, forcing GM, Chrysler and Ford Motor (F, news, msgs) to halt production at many or all of their plants to conserve cash.
GM shares were down 60 cents, or 13.7%, to $3.77 this afternoon. Ford shares were down 26 cents, or 8.3%, to $2.88.
Chrysler late Wednesday said it will halt all production, beginning Friday, for at least a month in an effort to save costs while it awaits a decision from the White House on billions in federal loans.
Employees will not be asked to come back to work until at least Jan. 19, the company said. A total of 46,000 employees will be affected by the shutdown, but they will receive about 95% of their pay through unemployment and contributions from Chrysler, the company said.
"As a result of the financial crisis, the automotive market remains depressed due to the continued lack of consumer credit for potential buyers," the privately held automaker said in a statement.
Chrysler and GM have asked the federal government for $14 billion in short-term loans to help them survive through March 2009. The Senate voted against a bailout package two weeks ago, but the Bush administration said it would consider using the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program to help prevent the automakers from going under.
MSN article

They are building xj's in China,GM just built another plant in China.
Starting next year Wal Mart will start selling Cherokees in the automotive dept.

Redeye202
i have just taken my meds and feeling much better now

I was kinda partial to the torsion bars under my 76 Charger.

Back