• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heims street legal?

i dont think so but i heard they suck and wear out on the street. with in 10k miles theyre gone

Well technically, any modifications made to your vehicle is illegal soooooooo.......don't know of a specific law about it.

From what I have heard over the years, they are not because they do not met DOT standards. I believe this is nationwide, not just a CA thing. I think this is why you don't find anything in the CA DMV info.

Now in real life, the chances of getting stopped for this is almost zero but if you had one fail and cause an accident, you could be in a world of hurt, if they have a good lawyer.

YMMV

They are NOT leal north of Santa Barbara County....all CA laws change at the Santa Barbara Co. line.

From what I have heard over the years, they are not because they do not met DOT standards. I believe this is nationwide, not just a CA thing. I think this is why you don't find anything in the CA DMV info.

Now in real life, the chances of getting stopped for this is almost zero but if you had one fail and cause an accident, you could be in a world of hurt, if they have a good lawyer.

YMMV
Makes sence. I drive my xj like a old gradma to begian with. Maybee ill just have to be more safe.

a hiem in double shear or with a saftey washer is plenty safe! 10K is a joke. All full tractions kits come with at least one Heim somewhere, and theres Many more manufactures of lifts and such that include them in thier lifts.

There is nothing illegal about them. There is no law that says you cant modify your suspension, or drivetrain, other then Still meeting DOT (which is very leinient, and vague, or CARB which is very strict and spells everything out for ya...

Back