• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dear JV Fanatics...

Re: Dear JV Whores...

Go to Superstition.
3092300608_e3f3bef01c.jpg

I hope you stored the coordinates for this spot. :)
Thanks for leading that run, Troy and I had fun. The hospitality of our group is always enjoyable.
Our evening run with the 'stock' group was just as much fun. Too bad I didn't have the camera ready to catch Carol's facial expression from the passenger seat as her daughter backed down(and sideways) from that dune. It was definately the 'oh $hit - we're gonna roll' look.

We had to get back to camp, but that trail looked doable going up. We found it going down, so we'd have to topo it to find the bottom of it. There were some good waterfalls further down.

I hope you stored the coordinates for this spot. :)

Yup, I have the coordinates for that spot. Ray and I nick-named it "Black Dog" since it seams to be an off-shoot of the San Diego 4-Wheelers "Black Cat" trail. Also, I have that first good spot marked on the GPS I found by Jamie's crack where the snake was. Ray and I nick-named it "Rattlesnake Canyon" :D.

I hate those JV people. How did the new shocks and bumps work ?

The shocks are pretty darn good. It'll do for now. I think I need to work with the static height a little more. Maybe drop the shock down. And then eventually get some 7100s on stiffer valving. The bumps DO compress more then I thought, and I think I need another inch. I'll just throw another hockey puck in there to raise the prothane up. Or do the right thing and just get some 7" prothanes :D.

that looks like fun...how was it?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244157787&postcount=93

were there trails for pretty stock jeeps?

i dont have to be fully built to go run out there would i?

There are trails for every level. If you want to check it out and never been, I would suggest going to one of the biggest events out there:
http://www.sd4wheel.com/drupal/node/129

Scroll to the bottom, you'll see the list of trail runs with the ratings. The stuff we did would fall under 4 and 4+ rating.

Yup, I have the coordinates for that spot. Ray and I nick-named it "Black Dog" since it seams to be an off-shoot of the San Diego 4-Wheelers "Black Cat" trail. Also, I have that first good spot marked on the GPS I found by Jamie's crack where the snake was. Ray and I nick-named it "Rattlesnake Canyon" :D.

I'm still smiling, and for a Monday that's saying something. :) Never done any kind of rock trails and when we came upon "Rattlesnake Canyon" it didn't look possible to me. After seeing a few jeeps do it, I knew it was doable and which lines to take. I had the best time and so did my teenagers. Thanks to all for the great time and the great spotting. My only damage was a blown shock and an overheated power steering pump.

Thanks for the great beers Mike! That Alesmith on Saturday night was killer!

Here's the little snakey poo that is the trails' namesake.

oa3t4y.jpg

Tom

purdy rocks

I love going to JV, and after driving my junk there and back for years I finally started trailering.......oh, and yeah, my junk isn't street legal. So, does that make me a JV whore? I kinda always wanted to be a whore of some type. :greensmok

BTW, I also go to AZ, UT, and CO..........but Superstition is too far away for me. :moon:

:D

Back