• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can i put disco d30 in a non-disco XJ ???

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep has non-disco dana 30 in it now, and i bought a junkyard dana 30 and just realized it is a disco style?

can i just put my axle shafts in it to make it work???

To put one piece axles in a disco unit you need to install a seal on the pass side, inside the carrier - then remove all the other seals and remove the disco fork or install a blocking cover.

It's been covered a few times.

You could just remove the disco motor and use tie wraps to hold the fork in the engaged position. Don't forget to reinstall the "fixed" disco motor.. That will get you by if you are in a hurry to replace the old axle.

yeah i saw that in the FAQ section under dana 30 info

so i can follow what it says in there, with the seal and etc. and use my axle shafts?

sounds great if that is the case

Yup.

You will need a newer style pass side axle seal for a one peice axle.

Remove the carrier.
Use a dremmel to remove just enough axle tube to fit the new seal in and installed it.
Reinstall the carrier.

Remove all the old seals and remove the fork from the diso motor housing.

I don't know what year solid axke we're talking about, but if it has the newer brakes, swap the knuckles over along with the axles, and use your old discs.

Back