• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vent lines for AW4, and NP231

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

i figure while im pulling out the front end this weekend, and ill have a little more room to work under the jeep i might as well finally reroute my vent lines for my tranny, and t-case.

ive had a snorkel now for a while, but never really gotten to use it, because the tranny/tcase vent lines were in the stock location.

anybody know where these lines are, and where the best/easiest place to locate them to is

thanks

They both go to the firewall,but you better think about the axles also!

They stop at the edge of the bellhousing, you'll get the full line when you drop them. I replaced them with lines that went all the way up the dipstick with the wiring, and used some GM breather caps from the dealer, $2 each or something

Tranny_Breathers.sized.jpg

If I want to extend them later it's no problem to replace the cap with a vacuum splice and more hosing.

They stop at the edge of the bellhousing, you'll get the full line when you drop them. I replaced them with lines that went all the way up the dipstick with the wiring, and used some GM breather caps from the dealer, $2 each or something

Tranny_Breathers.sized.jpg

If I want to extend them later it's no problem to replace the cap with a vacuum splice and more hosing.

Thats where my factory ones are(as pictured)?Same factory breather cap too!

Back