• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997+ "Country" model?

97 only. In 98, until 01, the Country model turned into Classic and they added Limited. Dont know if Limited or Classic took place of the Country though.

Do you mean "Country" as a trim level? 1993-1997.

Or do you mean the "Up-Country" package that included a factory-installed 1" lift (taller springs), stiffer shocks, and rear swaybar delete among other options? That seems to have been included as an option for most model years, although I've never seen a comprehensive list.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I mean the interior trim. I was at the junkyard last week and saw a late-model style door panel with the woodgrain trim, similar to the early model country edition trim, but it was a late-model panel. It was just one door panel in the back of some other XJ. Kind of curious about it is all, since I thought they stopped making that model in '96.

I just got my roommate hooked up with a 97 country (nice dark blue) for a grand. All the nice power options, leather, fake wood, spoke wheels, factory tints.

Yeah, I believe just '97. I happen to have one - nice ride. I hated the spoked wheels, so got rid of those ASAP and I thought the "woodgrain" was cheesy, but it's grown on me. The only other thing that I think is different is my seats have adjustable headrests (an option that later came on Limited which IIRC replaced Country).

I just got my roommate hooked up with a 97 country (nice dark blue) for a grand. All the nice power options, leather, fake wood, spoke wheels, factory tints.

dang that is what I want for a DD! i love the leather and wood trim in the newer xj's

Back