• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Install: TMR Front Frame Plate stiffeners (PICS)

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
So, I got the TMR frame plates installed tonight, took us forever because we sat around drinking most of the time hahaha. :laugh:

Turned out pretty decently I'd say, it's still at my buddies house on stands and disassembled, so we can finish up step 3 of 3 tomorrow. Then finally paint. Anyway, here are some pictures of the process...

Getting her all cleaned up and prepped for welding.

IMG_0589.jpg

Then we mocked up the plates, and bent them accordingly since the frame isn't exactly strait!

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

Tacked and ready to weld

IMG_0592.jpg

Lee doin' his thang!
IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Both sides done!!!
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

And then we had a visitor :D

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Anywho, it went smoothly, stay tuned tomorrow for the final chapter of the my frame stiffening saga. :firedevil

looks good. did you weld that solid the whole way? i hope you didnt get too much warpage.

Looks good, but what are the provisions for the track bar? The bracket won't fit back on there without notching it somehow.

Also, those look like factory UCA's. Have they been boxed or strengthened at all? The one already looks tweaked, while your welding stuff up (and you have easy access) box those uppers and they will hold up for a while to your "Baja" driving style.

A.

Cool, I'm also curious how the trackbar is going to fit back on. Did you cut the upper coil/bumpstop tubes off just for this? Doing anything different there?

Looks good, but what are the provisions for the track bar? The bracket won't fit back on there without notching it somehow.

Also, those look like factory UCA's. Have they been boxed or strengthened at all? The one already looks tweaked, while your welding stuff up (and you have easy access) box those uppers and they will hold up for a while to your "Baja" driving style.

A.

The track bar actually still fits fine, I just mocked it up. The plates are only 1/8th inch, and if you notice, there's a gap under your track bar mount. Due to sheet metal. Also RE slotted the holes for a little wiggle room.

Also, the UCA's are stock... I'm in the process of making new ones, don't worry. :D Be nice and beefy with Johnny Joints.

Cool, I'm also curious how the trackbar is going to fit back on. Did you cut the upper coil/bumpstop tubes off just for this? Doing anything different there?

My bump's are cut off because I run ACOS Pro's with air bumps in them.

Back