• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade SYE and Diveshaft

NorcalXJnewbie

NAXJA Forum User
I have read the recent posts on this. But am wondering if i have it right.

TH-350 yoke, and a front drive shaft from and xj? is that right?

Also anyone know which u-joints to use? Stock/Combo?

How are these homemade SYE kits working out?

ive seen there are a few different yokes people use, they probably have the same part number, as long as you have the same inner/outer diameter and spline count, and you use a stock front shaft from an auto equipped xj. i cant remember the part number of the yoke i used. your local driveline shop should carry it for around 95$. i thoroughly researched my hack n tap before i did it, there are a ton of threads on here about it. make sure you know what to do 100% before you do it, and have a new cutting wheel to make life easy. and a good tap. im going to be taking out my current shaft and remeasuring for my hnt and putting in a newer output shaft that i will throw on my neighbors lathe (that isnt bent). my assumption is my output shaft is bent thats why i still have vibes(angles are perfect) so ill be doing that soon. so accept that fact it may not solve it. also realize that a full kit from not including a driveshaft just the short shaft kit is under 200$ at porc. and that ive spent way over 200 on my rear hnt in the ling run, so i didnt save any money really. you also need the RE seal housing and a proper seal to do the trick. i got my seal from a tractor supply company in the midwest. have a spare in the garage somewhere with the part number. and i had my new shaft lengthened as well. plus it was fun and i learned a bunch of shit, like being on your back with a cutting disk under a jeep is scary as hell and i wish i bought the porc kit.

Well i do have a extra front shaft, a th-350 yoke, the caps and a ujoint that fits the 350 yoke. I do have cut off wheels, taps, drill bits, grade 8 bolts, and a lot of other stuff...
BTW i made a rear bumper today, pretty fun.

Your from sac huh? i am from stockton, i want to get the rig out soon, any places to go close and that are good for begginers?

Back