• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What next for Replubican Party?

n1ywb

NAXJA Forum User
What's the strategy going to be? Change tactics, or same old and hope Obama screws up?

Ron Paul revolution?

Out with the old, in with the new.....

I hope we get rid of some of the old cronies - push for term limits for senators and reps....

and hope that Paul Ryan can rise to stardom very quickly....along with Huckabee, Romney....I'd say lets rally the troops around those 3....maybe Bobby Jindal and Tim Pawlenty too.

And use Ron Paul as an advisor :thumbup:

I like Ron Paul's stance on constitutional rights and personal liberties. I agree the fed could be trimmed, I'm not sure about the wholesale gutting that he proposes. I'd rather amend the constitution to authorize some of the most important stuff the feds do. And I'm a little leary of his economics. He's also pretty strongly anti-interventionist. Invading Iraq was dumb. Thank God we got into WWII.

Well the Democrats did not reform, they simply benefited from everybody hating W so much. I don't know if this will work for Obama+Pelosi and their attempts to push far-left policies onto a center-right America--the media will probably cover for them quite a bit--but the point is that the Republicans don't really have to do anything.

The only humane way to shrink government without massive layoffs would be a hiring freeze. Only allow one person to be hired for every two or three that leave or retire or transfer. Gradually as the dept shrinks you combine it and move their responsibilities over to another department along with the personnel. Yea, it would take about 20 years but you would not have any massive layoffs.
The problem is that we would also need to get the governments nose out of everyones business and get it back to what it was supposed to do, defend the country and it's interests, promote commerce and settle disputes. Just my thoughts. Much better than a wholesale cut.

Pray that there will be a strong Republican candidate to pick up whatever pieces are left in 2012. Kind of like a new Reagan Revolution.

Last edited:
What Republican Party? Now the Fairness Act will pass, there goes Rush, Hannity, Oreily, and Boortz. I bet that the liberal media will be able to do what ever they want when it is re-established. The Republican Party has no voice now. I bet that it will be 2030 something before we get congress back.

I just hope this puts an end to all the crap about "crossing the aisle in the spirit of bipartisanship..."

That's why the GOP accomplished fuggall in the six years they had the White House, House, and Senate -- Media-loving "mavericks" like McCain (and his campaign chairman, Ohio's own Mike Dewine), would stab the party in the back every time they could grab a headline. We spent six years letting the Dems run the place like they were in charge.

And in the end, the media fawned over Old John just long enough to give him the nomination, then threw him overboard when he was up against a true media darling liberal.

Suddenly McCain was declared Bush III, and the only people who remembered all the aisle-crossing were those of us who resented it.

Robert

(But who am I kidding, of course this is the end of "crossing the aisle in the spirit of bipartisanship..." The left is never expected to do something as stupid as that. When they win, they act like they won...)

gumby.jpg

Isn't it great how all these Obama leg-humpers declare that he's going to be the president that transcends partisanship and will cross party lines to get things done in Washington. Yet, what does he do to McCain? Instantly stereotype him as another Bush republican. Are people really THAT stupid to believe this crap?

It certainly seems like more than half the country thinks so.

Back