• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help??

Where it is leaking is to the right where the alum line comes in.
009.jpg

Ink do you understand that the fuel line is held in by an expanding ring. You must use a special tool to remove it. The dealer has the gasket or you can get one at the Ford stealership too. The new regulators also come with a new gasket. It has been my experience that once they start leaking the gasket is a short term fix that you will shortly need to replace the regulator. HTH

It seems that I can just pull the line out. That is what is causing the leak it just move left and right and I've pulled it out far enough to see the gasket. In one of the posts it says I need a special tool. To me it seems like I could just pull the old one out and slip the new one in. Is this correct?

i got my fuel line quick disconnects from the dealer for about $10 when i put in new injectors. you may be able to just replace the oring, but i heard that it is best to replace the whole fitting.

i didnt need a special tool for the ones on my 89, IIRC, i just squeazed(sp?) and pulled.

i believe napa also carries fuel line quick disconnects.

Back