• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what now?

lilkuff

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone else rolled before you put your cage in? i just dont know where to start. is is worth thrying to save the roof, or just cut it off and go from there?

Pics? It really all depends on the damage. Many chop off the rear, straighten out the rest, and cage it up.

If you're going to ask a question like that you definitely need to post pics. The intensity of damage depends on available options. If it just dented the top but the sides are straight and hasn't been crushed towards the ground or to one side then can probably cage it and be good. If it's been severely damaged then probably time to chop the top and go with the open cage look.

Here is some inspiraton.
1111070135.jpg

l_b538afb00fc2aeb2233430f7730c0833.jpg

1113071547.jpg

0309081437.jpg

The weekend after we mobed to the desert.

Tools needed: 12 ton port o power and all attachment heads, lots and lots of 2x4s, circular saw, GFH, little hammers, body dollys and hammers, and a lot of free time. All of which can be bought at harbor freight. Thats all I used. I have never done body work im my life before the first roll over.
Ive rolled mine twice. All the pictures above are after the second roll, I rolled at about 40-45 mph went all the way over and landed back on the wheels.
Now Ive realized I spent a lot of time just knowing I will do it again... So now Im caged and have a stock removable roof.
xj.jpg

If your interested in seeing more pictures there is a whole folder on myspace under rollover: http://www.myspace.com/99xj4x4

You need to cut off thee roof anyway,install your cage,and get a new roof!

well i didnt have my camera and now cant fide it. but i did get most of it straightend out. right a pillar is 1/2 inch in and back. and c pillar is 1 inch in. iti took a hard hit on the roof line above the c pillar. ill try to get pics some some friends

Back