• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is there a trackbar that works?

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok i let the jeep sit for a week after the carnage laiden wheeling trip while i am changing both of my front tires over to my spares i notie an odd angle in the trackbar. turns out the threaded part of the bushing end that came with the rustys HD mount has bent on the FIRST TRIP OUT. i'm sick of this trackbar it has been nothing but problems for me. so my question is is anybody running a trackbar that has proved durable that they would feel good about recommending, i haven't had the trackbar for 5months and the axle side bushing has already split and i haven't had the HD mount for 2 weeks! so if your running an adjustable trackbar that you've been really happy with i would value your opinion, i know what mine is, the rustys sux

IntrepidXJ said:
T&T.....i, too, was having constant trackbar issues until I got the T&T one
thanks randy, i just cruised over to their website, thats looks like the kind of quality system i need to hold the old girl together.... hmm i wonder if anybody needs a rustys trackbar :D

I have the RE HD bar and mount...

It is more than up to the task. Virtually identical to the T&T except I think T&T uses thicker tube.

My rustys hd trackbart has jsut bent as well, i've already broken the two before it, your not alone man, so far with my rk longarms the trackbar can't handle it. Jake

I run a TNT mount and a modified RE trackbar...

and I need to further modify the RE trackbar to use a heim at the axle end too... I cant afford the bushing slop for some reason...

Rusty's has served me well, I don't care for the bushings but I have put it through he11 (2 years worth), when it goes I will be making one.

My TNT trackbar fit poorly from the start. The bracket is a strong design but needed plenty of work to fit to the body, as well as mount the trackbar without interference. Then the trackbar bent on a rather uneventful run across the Rubicon.
picture.JPG

i have a T&T and have had no problems to date. It gives me no death wobble. But i do question their overall quality. The plate for the bracket is good and thick, but the upper tb bolt has lots of slop in the hole. They plasma cut 1/4 plate which is fine for perimeter cuts and slots, but they do the bolt holes this way which in my opinion is garbage. If i ordered another 1 from them i would insist that they drill the hole to the proper demension.

Ronbo said:
My TNT trackbar fit poorly from the start. The bracket is a strong design but needed plenty of work to fit to the body, as well as mount the trackbar without interference. Then the trackbar bent on a rather uneventful run across the Rubicon.
picture.JPG

Looks kinda like too much drivers side droop. Which would you prefer, a bent trackbar or a trackbar mount ripped from your axle? :)

Any modifications to the axle mount to prevent this?

Back