• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to relocate your Track Bar

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
After putting on a 3in lift on my wife's rig, the axle had shifted to the driver's side by about 1in causing the vehicle to track horrible.

I have read alot about moving the track bar 3/4 of an inch over to compensate and save your self 100+ bucks on a new adjustable track bar. I have no welder so I cannot make my own. So here we go.

First removed the 15mm bolt for some reason this bolt feels like it is torqued to 150 ft lbs I had to used my floor jack and a breaker to get it loose and that was with PB Blaster.

jeep004.jpg

jeep005.jpg

Once I got the bolt out I measure 3/4 of an inch over and drilled my hole. I used a small pilot hole then drilled it out with a 7/16 bit.

jeep006.jpg

I had a hard time getting the axle to line up on the new hole so I used some cajun engineering and came up with this.

jeep007.jpg

scissor jack in the middle :D

Lined it up perfectly woo hoo.

Popped the bolt back in there and tightened the hell out of it.

jeep008.jpg

Took it for a test drive and realized that since I moved the axle over my steering wheel was pratically upsided down with the wheels straight. Felt weird to drive it like that.

jeep001.jpg

So I loosened up both of these also 15mm and turned it out till the wheel was straight. I turned it with my hand I was surprised at how simple it was with this 21 year old vehicle.

jeep002.jpg

Back to driving straight!

new031-1.jpg

Just an observation, but that hole should be measured 3/4" center to center, not edge to edge. In reality, you moved the bolt over 3/4" + 7/16" = 1 3/16" and now your front axle is out of alignment 7/16" in the opposite direction. Plus, your hole is higher, meaning you added a bit more since the track bar is angled in the direction of the hole movement.

If that actually is 3/4" on center, my bad and never mind.

It was when I put the sharpie mark on it... I raised it a lil just so I wouldnt be to close to the edge. The vehicle tracks great and is now longer pulling to the right which is the purpose. I appreciate the response though.

Ha I love the "cajun" engineering! Did you try having someone turn the wheel to line it up while you stuck the bolt through? I did that after my 3.5" and it was the easiest part of the whole thing .

Ha I love the "cajun" engineering! Did you try having someone turn the wheel to line it up while you stuck the bolt through? I did that after my 3.5" and it was the easiest part of the whole thing .

NO :twak: that's all I had to do? :doh: OH well its done now.

Rust issue well the D-30 on this one is the only thing that is really rusted. PO had a leaky rear main so most of the undercarriage has oil protection. :smoker:

You should have at least clearanced the bracket.Its almost bound up as it sits!
jeep008.jpg

Back