• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sat 16th Run near Ocotillo Wells

Brady's XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My brother and I bailed on the Lucerne Valley deal this weekend, so now we're looking for some Friday night camping and Saturday wheelin.

I found Pinyon Mtn. Road trail up near Ocotillo Wells. Wanted to know if anyone's run the trail and it'd be a good one for our XJ's. My brother's got TNT LA's, 5", 33's, winch, etc. and my stuff is at the bottom. Both of us are stock 30/8.25 and open diffs. Looking for something hard, but still able to get back home in mostly one piece......more or less.

Thanks for any help or other ideas if y'all got em. Anyone else want to come along, we'd love to have ya.

Truckhaven huh? I've never been there, just assumed it would kick my ass without lockers. We're up for it though.

Anyone else wanna go??

truckhaven is great for stock setups and locked rigs alike. The twisties will test your articulation like nowhere else and its a GREAT PLACE to learn. PM "Jump This" or XtremeXJ since they are the local offroad tour guides for that area. :)

TRUCKHAVEN PICS

Pinyon Mtn road can be alot more exciting because of the Squeeze and Heartattack Hill. Need to know which line to take and take your time because it has a huge pucker factor.

My Pics for Pinyon Mtn start HERE

I went out there last weekend. and it was alot of fun. I would like to go with someone who knows the area because I just went out there and knew kinda where it was. I just started climbing whatever. If I dont have to work saturday I wouldnt mind going out there friday night again if we can get a few more people to go.

Nick

Who else wants to wheel Truckhaven this Saturday 16th?? We could definitely use someone who knows the area and help us find some good lines. BRING IT!

QUIT IT DAMN IT!!!
I CAN'T go wheeling this Saturday!
My son (did you know he was the valedictorian ? Huh? Well...DID YOU ?:D) is going off to college this weekend and I gotta' drop his exspensive ass off on saturday...soooooooo...no wheeling for me!
I'd love to take a run out at Truckhaven. The weather is starting to cooperate and I'm getting the itch for some desert fun!
I don't have an open weekend right thru the end of the month....:tears:
Although I'm thinking if I just slow down to 20mph and just push him and
his junk out in front of his dorm I might be able to make it out to Johnson Valley by sat. afternoon...:evil grin:
Have fun....
Rick R

Jump This said:
QUIT IT DAMN IT!!!
My son (did you know he was the valedictorian ? Huh? Well...DID YOU ?:D) is going off to college this weekend and I gotta' drop his exspensive ass off on saturday...soooooooo...no wheeling for me!
I'd love to take a run out at Truckhaven. The weather is starting to cooperate and I'm getting the itch for some desert fun!
his junk out in front of his dorm I might be able to make it out to Johnson Valley by sat. afternoon...:evil grin:
Have fun....
Rick R

Excuses, excuses.

:D

--ron

What if I throw out Pinyon Mountain?? Any takers?? Friday night camping for a Saturday run? I could use another rig out there.

Why say "no".....when it feels so good to say "yes"

Brady you forgot to mention the dancing girls and midget entertainers we're bringing for the Friday night festivities....

So who's coming now?!?!

Chris

Jump This said:
QUIT IT DAMN IT!!!
Have fun....
Rick R

He said "valedictorian" AGAIN !! KIDS! it's my daughters B-Day and the XJ needs a little attention.... I parked it for the summer.
The fun thing about T.H. is there's mild to wild...... just head in about any direction.....stay N. of S-22 & W. of Hwy.86.
The temps. are supposed to be just under the 100* mark.... the nights will be NICE !
Have fun......
Curt (the self proclaimed Mayor of Truckhaven Township.....:rtm: )

Back