• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 seats in my 01

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
ok ive been searching for an hour and found nothing like 20 pages of threads i think lol.

i picked up a set of Leather front seats out of an 89 limited on craigslist, now i have a welder and a ton of free scrap steel i can use. How much if any modification am i looking at if i wanna put these in?

thanks

The easiest way is to notch the floor brace that 95 & newer XJs have. That's what stops them from fitting. Look at the floor of a 94 & earlier, you'll see what I mean. Or you can fab up some adapters for your tracks. Get some ZJ or WJ seats & bolt them in. I've got a decent set of 87 Laredo seats & a 95 SE with crap seats & it's too much of pita to install them. Of course the Laredo seats are red & plaid. Maybe if they were gray leather it might be worth it.

I'm not sure, but your may be able to switch the bases on the seats and use your newer base with the older seat.

Back