• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRXUS MT vs. MAXXIS BIGHORN... which is easier to balance?

Actual heights are posted on their websites.

My bighorns balanced well. One of the five did take alot more weight than the others. TrXus are a little bit of a challange to balance sometimes. I think it's just luck of the draw with them. Some guys have trouble, some don't.

ill probably do the maxxis then, can annnnyonnnneeeee comment on tread wear please? what will the maxxis last in miles? the SSs?

all tires are different, the same tire will not even last the same amount of time, it all depends on weather conditions, where you travel and a couple other. And for the balancing, ive balanced the cheapest tires and i have seem them 10x better than any expensive tire out there, visa versa. this goes both ways. it depends on the plant that makes the tire. not every time the machine will line up the inner liners which support the tread, sometimes they will be off a fraction and mess up the complete roundness of the tire. ive seen bias tires rounder and balance better than some radials out there. it all depends my friend

all tires are different, the same tire will not even last the same amount of time, it all depends on weather conditions, where you travel and a couple other. And for the balancing, ive balanced the cheapest tires and i have seem them 10x better than any expensive tire out there, visa versa. this goes both ways. it depends on the plant that makes the tire. not every time the machine will line up the inner liners which support the tread, sometimes they will be off a fraction and mess up the complete roundness of the tire. ive seen bias tires rounder and balance better than some radials out there. it all depends my friend
aka, go with the Trxus.. Great tire for the price:peace:

aka, go with the Trxus.. Great tire for the price:peace:
:huh:

:bs: Anything Interco sucks!! If you do not mind adding several pounds of weights and replacing them every 10K..................I would rather run wagon wheels!!

When I had my bighorns mounted and balanced, the guy told me he really liked the tires and that they balanced very easily for the size they were (32's) so far I like them, they do wear a little faster than id like, but ive got about 20K on them and still have a LOT of life left. Just gotta keep up with rotation and make sure you get the right amount of air/tread pattern out of em or they will edge wear quickly!

33's mine have NO balance problems
Tread wear is great, they seem to wear quicly at first but now I have about 15 to 20k on them and they are holding up fine.
CAN"T be BEat Off road. they are just a GREAT all around tire...

I THink MySHift keY is bRoKen...>>..

Back