• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting sound bar in front of Jeep

sherman08

NAXJA Forum User
I want to relocate the door speakers to an overhead soundbar, to make removable door mod easyer by getting rid of the wiring and so i can have my speakers back in the truck. Does it seem doible to mount a soundbar somwhere right above the driver? how far to they hang down? I have a gunrack over where the light normaly goes so it will have to be forward from that, will head room be an issue? how bout fitting?

I want to relocate the door speakers to an overhead soundbar, to make removable door mod easyer by getting rid of the wiring and so i can have my speakers back in the truck. Does it seem doible to mount a soundbar somwhere right above the driver? how far to they hang down? I have a gunrack over where the light normaly goes so it will have to be forward from that, will head room be an issue? how bout fitting?

FitchVA is getting ready to do this, I'm sure he has researched it completely.

Shoot him a PM and see what he has found out.

While hard to find, I bet you could make a stock sound bar work. If I can get this homework done in a decent time I might go out and see if the one I scored will fit up front. Don't really see why it wouldn't.

p.s.
Yes I'm working on the school stuff right now. Waiting for the other 'puter to finish chewing on a query. I really need a faster machine. oh well

Ok i found a pic of a soundbar installed in its normal location, i think it was a stock bar anyway, and it looked like it came down like 4 inches or so at the ends(where my head would be) I dont think a stock bar is gona work for me then, i need all the head room i can get.

Ok i found a pic of a soundbar installed in its normal location, i think it was a stock bar anyway, and it looked like it came down like 4 inches or so at the ends(where my head would be) I dont think a stock bar is gona work for me then, i need all the head room i can get.

FitchVA is putting his just behind the drivers head and over the rear seat floorboard if i remember correctly.

I would think that it would then interfere with the rear passengers head room, especially when an abrupt stop is made. But then I guess there would be no issue if you either removed your rear seat and installed a storage box or ALWAYS had it folded down and never had anyone ride back there.

well I would think just behind the drivers/pass head would work ok.
how often do your passengers in the back knock their knoggin on the back of the seat in front of them??
just behind the seat, won't hit the driver, shouldn't be a worry for those in the rear.

I guess that also depends on how tall you are. I'm 6'4" and my seat is all the way back. So for it to clear my head it would probably interfere with others.

i just put a stock sound bar in tonight. i put it right above the front seats were the other light is. i am 6 foot and it sits about 3 inches above my head.

I put mine just behind the drivers seat. It is a stock one out of the rear of a 95? cherokee. fit fine, and works well. I recovered it with some fabric from walmart.

I mounted one where the front light goes and the other in the normal spot. No more speakers getting trashed when the doors flood out.

heres some pics.
its just in there temporarily so i could get an idea of how it looked. i am going to recover it in black and put my infinity components in it. i also need to get the trim pieces to hold it up. it is held up by the 2 trim pieces that run on the top of your door and it is held up by the light.
100_1064.jpg

100_1065.jpg

100_1066.jpg

100_1067.jpg

Fitch, I know its not super local, but Agee's had a few jeeps with the modular (removable) sound bars in them the last time I was nosing around down there. Just go in and ask to browse around down in the lot, they'll usually let you. Just tell em its a trim piece and they'll let it go fairly cheap.

Fitch, I know its not super local, but Agee's had a few jeeps with the modular (removable) sound bars in them the last time I was nosing around down there. Just go in and ask to browse around down in the lot, they'll usually let you. Just tell em its a trim piece and they'll let it go fairly cheap.

is agee's in bburg?

Steve, I'll hook you up! I won't need the one in Old Blue.

sweet. just let me know when you'll be ditching it and how much ya want for it

i just went through agees this morning looking for some seats and did not see any soundbars worth going after, i have to go back in the morning and get some springs i fwill check for ya, i can check bills as well if u would like let me know thanks

Back