• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noob...kinda..lol

DonnMcc

NAXJA Forum User
I know "fresh meat",no seriously I got a question.lol,my first post.I grew up building 70's fords,work on everybody else's xj,lurked here for along time.
Now by god I own one.It's a 95 4dr 4.0 5spd 4x4.kid had it,water pump went, he kept going,motor went.bought a new motor.tried to put it in,sat for 2 years ...lol..I got a steal.he couldn't get it started,I've got pics,so much stuff not hooked up.well you know how that goes.
I need some advice.ha I know what the search button is,so no one give me no ca-ca.
It's bone stock,I'm gonna work it,are the injectors worth the swap for driveabilty,did they help that much?how about on a stock engine?(the ford ones that have better atomization)
read about the rear shackle relocation mount,is it worth it on a dd?it sounds great but i"ve been reading old threads.
steering,thinking z,w,m whatever j it is,got it bookmarked.my stuff isn't bad but on the way out?any advice for DD,sometimes offroad?
the booster,heard the z,m,q,whatever j ,is it worth swapping out my dual diaphram for?what if I go the disc route?I was reading(lol,yeah you got some smart guys here)about the disc swap.I'm no stranger to fab,but will I be part hunting or is it like the write ups?
one last thing...,any advice?I'm using it for a work truck pulling a small trailer.driveabilty and reliabilty are the most important.any need to have mods I haven't seen yet?
hey guys I know I haven't posted but you've helped me thru many repairs.lol I know you'll help me with mine....right?...I already spent the money,lol,sorry.

I was thinking about boxing the arms,would it be worth it?

I wouldnt,the built-in flex is one of the things that lets them survive.

It's bone stock,I'm gonna work it,are the injectors worth the swap for driveabilty,did they help that much?how about on a stock engine?(the ford ones that have better atomization)
read about the rear shackle relocation mount,is it worth it on a dd?it sounds great but i"ve been reading old threads.
steering,thinking z,w,m whatever j it is,got it bookmarked.my stuff isn't bad but on the way out?any advice for DD,sometimes offroad?
the booster,heard the z,m,q,whatever j ,is it worth swapping out my dual diaphram for?what if I go the disc route?I was reading(lol,yeah you got some smart guys here)about the disc swap.I'm no stranger to fab,but will I be part hunting or is it like the write ups?
one last thing...,any advice?I'm using it for a work truck pulling a small trailer.driveabilty and reliabilty are the most important.any need to have mods I haven't seen yet?
hey guys I know I haven't posted but you've helped me thru many repairs.lol I know you'll help me with mine....right?...I already spent the money,lol,sorry.

You might get some richness from the 5.0 injectors, but if you research adjustable MAPS or FPR's that may help...

Shackle relocation shouldn't be needed on stock, it's mostly for lifted setups.

ZJ steering, fits on stock and is much stronger. WJ wont fit, I'm pretty sure. Look in to steering boxes too, and braces...

Not sure about the booster... I'm pretty sure your dual diaphragm is good...

someone else might be able to help on disk brakes...

So, mostly just a bump; I don't have much first-hand experience, just LOTS and LOTS of reading stuff...

You might get some richness from the 5.0 injectors, but if you research adjustable MAPS or FPR's that may help...

Shackle relocation shouldn't be needed on stock, it's mostly for lifted setups.

ZJ steering, fits on stock and is much stronger. WJ wont fit, I'm pretty sure. Look in to steering boxes too, and braces...

Not sure about the booster... I'm pretty sure your dual diaphragm is good...

someone else might be able to help on disk brakes...

So, mostly just a bump; I don't have much first-hand experience, just LOTS and LOTS of reading stuff...
I hear ya.lots of good info out there just got to read,read and read some more.I was really just needing folks to discuss these things with.can only read so much before you ask.

Back