• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Spacers???

jeepster_259

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have a cheap way to make/get coil spring spacers? I was thinking of just stacking some stock isolators. How many can you stack and how much lift does each one give? I only want to get about 1" or so of lift.

You can stack the isolators. You would probably need 2 or 3 in addition to the stock one.

You can make them too out of pipe, aluminum, etc but in all honesty they are pretty cheap to buy. I got the ones for my TJ for $25 off ebay.

X2, you can stack stock ones if you can get them but aftermarket ones are so cheap, ebay would be the best bet to find some.

Yeah, it would be cheaper to get a set of 1" spacers than it would be to get 3-4 sets of stock isolators!!

Isolators are 5/8 inch thick and cost about 5 bux each (IIRC) from quadratec. I stacked three of them in addition to the stock isloator (4 total) on each bumpstop post to get a two inch lift. I don't think you could use much more spacer thickness than two or three inches because the lower part of the bumpstop post tapers. In addition, I would think that you would want to keep the top of the spring well above the bottom of the bumpstop post.

If you are going for used, find the best ones out of the newest rigs you can find. They tend to compress with age. 6 new isolators from Q-tec cost $10 less than 3/4" poly spacers or 1" aluminum spacers from 4WDParts. The dealer quoted me $18 ea for oem isolators which are no different than Q-tecs Crown Automotive units.

If you have access to a welder, they are easy to make.

I went ahead and made two sizes

I got the idea here http://www.madxj.com/

Back