• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will YJ D30 parts fit XJ D30?

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I have the oppertunity to purchase warn outers and inner shafts with the warn 5 on 4.5 lock out hub kit out of a YJ. Will all the parts transfer over to my XJ LP D30? I am looking at buying the roters, hubs and axle shafts from the YJ axle and installing them on my XJ LP D30.

yes, but why are you wasting them on an LP D30, get a HP D30 since you're going to do the work.

I figure it will save me a little time on the install and a little cash. I dont need to worry so much about the driveshaft angle with the lock out hub kit.

Some YJ hubs use the 260 U-joints. It'll still work since it includes the shafts though. hp D30s are cheap. I have one in my driveway I'm giving away. 95 3.07, less axles & hubs. You just need a 90 up with the proper ratio, less the axles. Wrecking yards have them less the axles all the time. They sell the axles & rotors & scrap the rest so they are cheap. You could even use an earlier one if you wanted swap the knuckles but why bother?

Last edited:
could I use the HP D30 out of the YJ? Is the width the same? It used to have the vacume disco but thats been eliminated.

could I use the HP D30 out of the YJ? Is the width the same? It used to have the vacume disco but thats been eliminated.

They are the same width but swapping axle assemblies will be a PITA because you would have to weld up all new spring, shock and track bar brackets, not to mention that the gearing may be different as well. All of the parts should transfer over to your axle housing though.

You're in California, if you are in socal, go into the socal forum and say "I need an HP housing". One will magically appear and a very good price. Worse case, it's about $150ish at a pick a part/Ecology. The HP 30 is stronger as it's not running on the coast side of the gearset.

Back