• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats your favorite leaf springs?

i am running rusty's 6.5 in leaves and that thing may as well be all add a leaves, its stiff as hell and doesnt flex like leaves can, what should i replace it with? want more flexy spring and cant afford a conversion yet

thanks, jordan

i am running rusty's 6.5 in leaves and that thing may as well be all add a leaves, its stiff as hell and doesnt flex like leaves can, what should i replace it with? want more flexy spring and cant afford a conversion yet

thanks, jordan

longarm_06.jpg

Not too bad for a 6.5 springpack!

flatter leaves= more flex

try some 3.5" or 4.5" leaves with an extended shackle. or lower your jeep a little.

Are you joking? There seems to be ZERO flex in the rear leafs on that thing.
Thats what I was thinking! lol

I have a 4.5" RC lift with full Skyjacker packs in the rear and the flex seems very minimal for some reason? (stock shackles/no rear swaybar)

Thats what I was thinking! lol

I have a 4.5" RC lift with full Skyjacker packs in the rear and the flex seems very minimal for some reason? (stock shackles/no rear swaybar)

full Skyjacker packs: problem #1

stock shackles: problem #2

Alcan FTW

IMG_0788.jpg

Didn't get any good shots of the other side of the rear, but it's stuffed.

Those are Alcans that sit with 5" of lift with 300#s in the back, and a 1" or 1.5" shackle. Oh, and in this pic, I don't have 300# in the back...

Last edited:
BigOffroad all the way.

Built these myself, XJ main leaf, S-10 blazer leaf pack with overload removed. Gave me about 4.5" of lift, cleared 33's with no problem. Flexed better that RE.

l_14c37f530ec7cc07a97cf3ab72380fcf.jpg

full Skyjacker packs: problem #1

stock shackles: problem #2

Whats wrong with SJ?
What would you suggest I replace my setup with?

SJ Springs flex fine, this is a 3" SJ pack with 1 YJ leaf added in each and MJ shackles
P1100653.jpg

P1100654.jpg

The front has Rusty's 3" coils, don't seem to be the greatest but they do flex

+1 for the deavers. I use them with Brianho13 shackle boxes for a little more lift. The ride is excellent.

This is full droop. The tires will tuck up about 1" from the fender in the rear.

IMG00067.jpg

Back