• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys 3 link compatable?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i asked a friend about some axles he has for sale.. here is waht he said:

"Yeah...I got a dana 30 with 4.56 gears and a lockrite in it also. But I also have the rear chrysler 8.25 with 4.56 gears and a detroit locker that I would really like to sell with it because they are both set up for the 3 link and 4 link. The dana 30 is setup with the rustys 3 link and the 8.25 is setup for the clayton offroad tri 4 link"

Soooo if i get that dana 30 will i be able to hook it up to my short arm rubicon express????

Rusty's is a Radius Arm (Y-link), Claytons is a 4-link I believe and Rock Krawler is the only 3-link that I am aware of.

emr1101 said:
Hey i asked a friend about some axles he has for sale.. here is waht he said:

"Yeah...I got a dana 30 with 4.56 gears and a lockrite in it also. But I also have the rear chrysler 8.25 with 4.56 gears and a detroit locker that I would really like to sell with it because they are both set up for the 3 link and 4 link. The dana 30 is setup with the rustys 3 link and the 8.25 is setup for the clayton offroad tri 4 link"

Soooo if i get that dana 30 will i be able to hook it up to my short arm rubicon express????

What the heck is a Tri 4-link.....................:confused1

A 12 link of course.

Ask if the D30 has the stock mounting brackets. If they are stock, then they should work. If he changed them for his 3 link, then he probably put heavy duty brackets on, it means the lowers are probably the same locations, and he might have cut off one of the upper control arm mounts.

It also doesn't sound much like your friend knows a whole lot about what hes talking about.

ColoradoRaptor said:
Rusty's is a Radius Arm (Y-link), Claytons is a 4-link I believe and Rock Krawler is the only 3-link that I am aware of.

Clayton's is a Y-link/Radius arm.Full Traction's is a "4-link".

i asked him if it was compatable but this was through facebook and he is a friend of a friend so getting in touch with him is difficult

Back