• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Install Help

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Before Moab I figure I should finally get my SYE in.

I started the job once, but I lack the tools to get it done. Anyone willing to help? I have a 5spd so I can't just throw the front shaft in the rear, I need to get a custom one made so I'd like to do the job at my house or as nearby as possible so I don't have to drive on the front for very long.

Thanks

bump

Jump This said:
Buy the fawking tools it takes to get it done, then ask for help....

:D

why buy shit i'm going to use once?

And don't buy the cheap muti-tip snap ring pliers, buy the largest ones with horizontal flat tips you can find (snap-on makes some good ones), you will need them for disassembling the old output shaft. I had started the job with the cheap multi tips (waste of money) and that delayed the job by ~3 days while I waited for the correct tool to show via UPS.

I attempted the SYE job once before, and I couldn't break the large nut on the front yoke with the breaker bar I have.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I attempted the SYE job once before, and I couldn't break the large nut on the front yoke with the breaker bar I have.
That just means you need to work out a little more :D

Back