• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear CV Driveshaft Measurements

D_Dude2000

NAXJA Forum User
I've done my parts round up. i have a 94 XJ, 2 door, 4.0L, automatic, with a NP242 and stock Dana 35 axles. I performed a search but i didn't find anything specific/close enough to fit my needs.
Now i have the parts for a 6 inch rubicon express lift. i have a np231 with SYE installed. all i need now is a rear driveshaft.
Anyone on here know how long i will need my rear driveshaft to be? I'd like to order it ahead of time, instead of installing the kit, then measureing and ordering....(10 working days with no XJ :( i don't want that) so If someone out there has a very similar set up, could you get me the measurement of your rear DS?

I hope i have given you all of the info you guys need.
Thanks for everything....Drew
P.S. yes this is my first post...don't hold that against me.....i'll be on here lots.

deffinatlly if you go by someone elses measurement you could end up with a DS too short or too long or maybe an acceptable length but you measuring means only buying it once for sure

good luck,
john

While I think I understand...I'm wondering why you're installing the 231 instead of the 242. Only for the SYE? I have a 242 and love it...just put an SYE in it. Here in Montana, I love the true full-time 4-wheel in the winter!

Either way, I respect your choice. I'm in the same quandry...installing the SYE and a new ford 8.8 at the same time. Tom Woods told me to install each then measure...they didn't want to guess either!

Back