• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB, Oh YEAH!

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
My camera is in for repair, so heres cellphone pics

arb1.jpg

arb2.jpg

cripes even im on 33s now. but the sweep rig is looking its part. got a question for ya, what all does one need to know to do the sweep/e-crew thing? i have a purpose for a light bar, how could one not.

Last edited:
after laying down 3k for one of course. hehehe.

S&R meeting huhh? i may have to tag along.

My favorite jeep, the WJ, I just spend 3 weeks lookin for one in my range, I settled on a 5.2 zj. I envy you. I'll buy a WJ in 6 months.

juniorXJ said:
got a question for ya, what all does one need to know to do the sweep/e-crew thing?

You have to be invited in, tested for a while, trained... not an easy group to get into

85xj4dr said:
Why so small? Rotational mass/height issue?

I'm not crawling over large objects, I'm hauling ass down dirt roads. I'm at a compromise between low center of gravity and staying up out of gravel a bit.

nightfoam said:
OOOHHHH that is sweet.
Shoulda gotten a nice LED lightbar, fancy new lights for a fancy new car?
free lightbar wins!

Last edited:
I hauled ass on gravel roads in my last Jeep too, and it wasn't sketchy.

But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try to improve.

If I don't need a 33" tire, then there's no point in running one, unless I want slightly worse handling, higher COG, worse gas mileage...just doesn't make any sense to go taller.

I'll run the rubi 32's for a while, and when replacement time comes, I may step down to a 31

My '05 Grand has the 2.25" budget boost and 33" tires. I know, different model, engine, etc, but in my experience.
1. There is NO difference in gas mileage at all (the light bar and bumper will make more difference than the tires).
2. The difference in COG is totally insignificant.
3. The difference in ground clearance isn't quite as insignificant.
4. For your use, I wouldn't do the budget boost. I would put a real lift on it (after all it's just money). I think you will find that it will handle much better at the taller height with larger tires (obviously it will take much more money with the lift, tires, gears, etc) but I think in the long run you will be much happier with the performance, as long as it was done "right".
5. Plus it will look much cooler.

Just my opinion and your money ;)
Michael

2xtreme said:
My '05 Grand has the 2.25" budget boost and 33" tires. I know, different model, engine, etc, but in my experience.
1. There is NO difference in gas mileage at all (the light bar and bumper will make more difference than the tires).
2. The difference in COG is totally insignificant.
3. The difference in ground clearance isn't quite as insignificant.
4. For your use, I wouldn't do the budget boost. I would put a real lift on it (after all it's just money). I think you will find that it will handle much better at the taller height with larger tires (obviously it will take much more money with the lift, tires, gears, etc) but I think in the long run you will be much happier with the performance, as long as it was done "right".
5. Plus it will look much cooler.

Just my opinion and your money ;)
Michael

Yeah, well I'm of some different opinions in places, and the lift is temporary to get me thru the last couple events of the season.

Like I said before, I think ARB's look right at home on WJ's. :cool:

What type of tires are you leaning towards? cough: BFG AT's cough:

I'm trying to persuade my dad to do the same thing to his WJ. ARB, BB lift, and 31 BFG AT's.

TORX said:
What type of tires are you leaning towards? cough: BFG AT's cough:

I'm trying to persuade my dad to do the same thing to his WJ. ARB, BB lift, and 31 BFG AT's.

There's an 08 Rubicon sitting here in the shop...think those will be my wheels and tires here soon, since it has some 35" KM2's and beadlocks going on it.

I've got my BB on the way, I'm gonna take measurements and have some 2.5" ones made to retail as a Warrior kit.

Back