• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no spark no fire help!!

ezsk8er

NAXJA Forum User
i was driving my 96 jeep cherokee the other day when i went over a rather large bump, well as soon as i it the bump my jeep shut off no backfire no spitting sputtering nothing. it cranks real easy, but never start, i have fuel at the fuel rail, and all my lights and everything electrical works. all my computer sensors are pluged in except my downstream o2 sensor. i am not sure what would cause the motor to get no spark and to have have no fuel this is my dd so any help is greatly appreciated thank you

Have both the ignition module and coil checked out, I have had a similar problem, oh and also the cps sensor.

Did you check the distributor making sure its not loose? Check around the engine for any loose electrical connector, especially the ignition switch relay. Look for a broken connector.

I had a 93 ZJ that died after hitting bumps. I towed it home three times and it started each time I got it home. Really hard to track down, but it finally stayed dead and I tracked it down to a bad ground. Turns out on the 93 ZJ, that little black wire by the battery is the ground for the computer and all of the sensors. It got munched when I had a new battery installed a few months earlier.

So yeah, it may very well be a poor or intermittent connection you need to track down.

Back