• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Measurements Wanted from 2-Door XJ

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
I need a couple measurements to get some products moved into production.

If someone can take these measurements for me, I'd greatly appreciate it :D

I need the measurements taken along the body line located at the top edge of these diamond plate sideplates. I marked it with a yellow line.

bodyline.jpg

Measurements:

1. I need the measurement of the length of the door on the 2 door across that line. Accurate to the nearest 1/32"

2. I need the measurement from the rear factory fender flare to the door jamb across that line. Accurate to the nearest 1/32"

Basically I need those measurements so I can build the 2 door version of those sideplates.

Thanks!

Where can I get some of these for a 4 door?

This would look good with my detours usa rough cut bumper I have coming in.

From my 87 2Door XJ:

Door Length: 47 5/8"

Rear door jamb to rear flare: 12 11/16"

Thats as close as I could get with the tape measure I have.

Hope this helps,

Pete

poorboy_616 said:
From my 87 2Door XJ:

Door Length: 47 5/8"

Rear door jamb to rear flare: 12 11/16"

Thats as close as I could get with the tape measure I have.

Hope this helps,

Pete

It was until you said "Thats as close as I could get with the tape measure I have."

That was not terribly re-assuring. :cry:

Mines 47 3/4" and 12 13/16".

I went out an re-measured with a different tape, I got the same results as before....(That should be a little more re-assuring)

I even had my FIL (swung by to see the kids) re-measure, he got the same thing......

I am betting we will all come up with about the same. Give or take a little because of manufacturing tolerances and age......

Lets get the numbers rolling! I just measured the "other" side of my XJ.
47 11/16" and 12 3/4"
I would think the rear measurement will vary some just do to movement(also the late model flares are different).Mines a 95!

I measured the passenger side of mine only....

My driver door and fender are slightly fubar. At some point the weld broke on the hinge. Someone rewelded it, but never repalced the door or fender......

Back