• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting issues

XJ Beater

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i know my nss isnt perfect(sometimes need to wiggle shifter, put it in neutral, etc)but since ive had this 1990 cherokee pioneer, 4.0 auto 2wd, it takes like 4-6 crank cycles before it starts, and every morning after the first start of the day, as soon as i give it any gas, in gear or not, unless i pump it itll stall, starts right back up then runs fine, in the afternoon it sometime cranks then starts, other times cranks starts stalls and then runs fine, all the fuel system is new(press reg, pump filter, injectors cleaned) i was thinking mabye the map sensor from what ive read, any ideas????

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Engine/Basic_Sensors_Diagnostics.htm

this will tell you how to test sensors map provide by one of the experts on the board.

Also look at pulled code 14, sunder does a great job in explaining how to test map using paper clips (i.e best to remove map its easier)

I once had a problem with cold start once warm the car had no problems. It was the very strange and did everyone to fix. Turned out I had a hairline crack in the coil wire. When it got hot the wire expanded and connected. Just a thought put a different wire on.

Back