• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wisk me luck

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Getting a smog test today got my fingers crossed, wish me luck.

Good luck. I am overdue and still have a shitty running XJ. Thought it was the cat and had it replaced today, ran fine for 3/4 of the drive home and started running crappy again...I guess no smog check for me any time soon. UGH!

Hope you have better luck than me.

woot woot I PASSED,

Was a little worried about the new evap test max allowable loss is .40 I was at .30 Might have to look at the system to see if I can get that down a bit.
Heres the stats

HC co no
max/meas max/meas max/meas

15 123/85 .73/.35 1015/575

25 103/27 .93/.01 875/199

I was gonna replace the o2 sensor but I had a small budget so I just took it out and cleaned it up with some carb cleaner. I replaced the cat about a year ago with a kragen universal one, that had me a little worried.

Elias said:
I heard that an Angel gets his/hers wings every time a Jeep passes smog. :thumbup:

E

I feel bad for all of those angels that are walking..

my smog guys name is Angel, i just hand him the paper and he says "here ya go that will be $$$" and i get to leave. does that mean i have Angels looking after me? :eyes:

:D

i got a guy... 100bucks and im good..

smogged my new jeep today and it was on the max for HC (hydro carbons?)... but it passed for the $30 test... so i saved a few bucks...

JOe

I usually put a gallon or two of denatured alcohol in the tank and have had great success.

YMMV

My pre smog check list includes

A bottle of lucas fuel treatment

Some good gas, a good midgrade/premium

run that for a day or so ahead of time to clean things up a bit'

clean the TB

Check clean/replace plugs set gap

this time I chaged the fuel filter just because.

My smog check only cost 50 that includes the new test and the DMV transmission fee.

May risk failing but knowing that it passed and didnt "PASS" Is a good feeling, At least I know that it is running properly. Just doing my part

Thanks for wisking me good luck. Thread timed out b4 I could correct it. ;)

Back