• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pismo Aug 5th thru 11th

hollywood32

NAXJA Forum User
We'll it's time once again for me to get the hell out of the valley. I will be in Pismo beach aug 5th thru the 11th, if anybody else is out there stop by my camp, (I'm usually near the end of the beach camping up agianst the water.

Since I'm going on vacation of course the heap decided now would be a good time to develop some electrical issues, so of course my mechanical skills made it worse. I have a parasitic battery draw and since my heap isn't a daily driver it drains the battery, so I wen't about tracing the issue and managed to drop a wrench on the batter shorting out the terminals and pretty much destroying a optima yellow top and a nice socket wrench. Oh well, my fault so I go to four wheel parts in azusa and pick up a new yellow top, plug it in and the every thing works, well for a few hours any ways and then no start. I spent about 10 hours retracing all the wiring and checking starter, alternator, and every thing else I can think of no luck until I try to start it at night. BINGO, the center of the positive battery post is arcing to the side, this I have never seen so I slap in a battery out of another vehicle and every thing works again. Looks like I will be taking the optima back to 4wheel parts and try exchanging it, of course I lost my reciept so this could be trouble some.

So now I need a vacation more than ever.

hmm... This started out as a post about going to pismo, my rant key must be stuck on the keyboard.

Damn... I love Pismo.

Back