• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please aid in removing this oil filter attachment!! pics inside

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
img0432yd5.jpg

img0433yj4.jpg

img0434hw4.jpg

i don't see any torx bolts holding her in, this is an 89 xj and that one bolt on the bottom side is near impossible to budge if thats the one i need to loosen. some insight would be appreciated

just the one bolt, really tihgt, do u have a breaker bar, if not u can try using two wrenches? just be careful

Mine was a huge pain, one of the worst single bolt experiences ever until it came free then its like 'oooh thats how its done'.

I bought a hex socket(whatever correct size), cut the hex bit from the socket. I used a lil bit of grease or RTV or something to make the hex head sticky to stay in the bolt upside down. Got a box end wrench on the bit then used the handle off my floor jack to break the bolt free.

I just could not get the leverage in that tight spot with the short wrench. As soon as I put the long jack handle on the wrench it broke right free.

From the pic, it looks like yours is just a normal bolt not even a hex. If so your lucky lol just get under the jeep with a breaker bar.

disconnect the battery first

that sounds weird, but when you break the bolt lose and your breaker bar slams the positive contact on the starter you will understand...

Back