• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kids on Public Lands Sept 20/21 Drivers Needed!

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
- Drivers Wanted -

We're less than 2 months away from this year's KOPL event, and we need your help!
We need volunteers with street legal 4x4's (two seater vehicles are OK this year!!) to join us at the Big Bear Discovery Center the weekend of September 20/21 to take these kids on the most thrilling ride of their lives! Many have never been outside the city of Anaheim!
We'll need gentlemen to drive the boys on Saturday, and we'll need ladies to drive the girls on Sunday.
If you won't be able to drive but would still like to help, we have plenty of activities planned for the kids throughout the weekend where we'll need additional assistance.
We'll need approximately 100 volunteers to make this another successful event!

Please visit our website for more information and a link to the registration form (at the bottom of the page) : http://www.sidekickoffroad.com/kopl.htm

Thank you to all of our volunteers for your time, devotion, and hard work!
The beaming smiles on the faces of our kids at the end of the day are a direct reflection of a job very well done!

Thank you!
Your KOPL 2008 Committee

Hey guys this is one of those functions that doesn't sound like much but trully a great time, We did it a couple years ago and it really was fun for everyone and the kids are very appreciative and excited about jeeps and 4x's in ways you cant imagine. I encourage any one that can give up a little time to be there to do so.

hmm, i'll be back in town, we'll see where i am with my parts installs and i may be there.

sounds really cool but I think I will be in Yosemite for our 5 year anniversary unless it doesnt work out

silverslk said:
HAHAHA

Somehow I don't think thats what he meant Mike. Thats funny shit though. I feel that way alot!!!!

HAHA, yeah, I had to read it a couple of times for me to figure it out.

Trouble at home Josh? :D

I would love to do this as well, but if I were to come up I would have to find a place for my kids, as I already have a jeep load of them :D

Stephan
I'll check the calendar... might conflict with the daughters B-Day... if not I'd like to show......

Curt

I'm game pending funds

Check out the Sidekick link. There is a lot of help needed in other areas as well. They are also looking for donations of money, goods, etc.

I went to the site, and it says the trail is rated "easy". What trail is it? Even Gold Mountain can be a challenge, and with someone else's kid in the rig things could get ugly lol!

I'm very interested in driving for this event, but I'd like to know a bit more if possible! Thanks! :)

EDIT: I just saw a contact number on the site for questions, but if Karstic or someone else knows more about this event post up if ya can!

Skwerly said:
I went to the site, and it says the trail is rated "easy". What trail is it? Even Gold Mountain can be a challenge, and with someone else's kid in the rig things could get ugly lol!

I'm very interested in driving for this event, but I'd like to know a bit more if possible! Thanks! :)

EDIT: I just saw a contact number on the site for questions, but if Karstic or someone else knows more about this event post up if ya can!

if you find out let us know.

Call 'em and find out, I don't know at this moment.

Steve, I've penciled in the date on my calendar. Sounds like fun.

Back