• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want your opinions

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
:confused: SO here is the situation. It all started a year ago when I picked up my second XJ. It seemed like a cool thing to do at the time, it did need work and I knew about it. Anyways long story short, I want to know if I should try to to sell my XJ the way it is or take everything off and put it back to stock before selling it. When I first bought it I had no idea it had been in a wreck, should have looked a little closer. The two unibody pieces in the front that the front bumper attahces to are wrinkled really bad, pushed back almost 6-12". There is no way I could put a winch bumper on this thing like it is. The a/c system needs a whole overhaul, the front axle seal is leaking, the transmission has a minor problem, and it is very high mileage. I know this is all stuff that can be fixed, but what I am thinking is I should just start over. I know a lot more know than I did when I first bought it, meaning that now I know all this stuff I can pick up an XJ, that would be a better platform to start with. What do you guys think, I dont really have that much stuff put on/into it. I dont know what to do???

if you build it, it will be truly yours!! fix what you can yourself and help some one fix what you need help with!!!

that is all

what are the specs on the second one? can you get what you paid for it back? what you described (except the crash) is basic stuff your gonna encounter with a lot of miles and and older car IMO...

are you looking for a $500 beater or a $1500 beater?

JOe

I originally paid 1200 bucks for my Jeep. I am wondering if I should get another one, and keep my jeep now as a weekend toy. I really would just like to start over, there are just somethings about it that cant be fixed. I dont know I guess I will have a little bit of time to make up my mind.

Dewey said:
I've got a 87 xj parts car. I pulled out the Dana 44 and put in a 35 from my 90 xj. I would love for the whole car to go away!
I have a trailer and truck and could deliver, if not too far away.

Here you go, if it is the same era "renix" and the wiring is in good order and the same drivetrain "auto" swap everything over from one to the other.

Just my .02 cents.

Leep

Back