• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Leak Driving Me Crazy

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
ok So for the past like 2 years i have had this leak. Now....It was first leaking only after long drives....i drove it about 1 hour and a half and then back and there was the tiniest drip on the ground after sitting over night. Then when i would drive it around town and back or whatever, no leaky. Well then i started noticing it happening for often, so i delt with it for a while then had a buddy of mine look at it, he is a bus mechanic, and it washed it down and said it was fine. I drove it around for almost 2 weeks without a single drop and then it started leaking again. So i delt with it longer, then i did the VC and that didn't help. then i took it back to my buddy and said that it was my o rings on my oil filter adapter, so we did those, still leaked. He looked at it again and this time we replaced the o rings from the ones at the dealership. drove it home, checked it the next morning. nothing. But then it started leaking again but from 2 places. From the usual back of the engine and then from the passenger side of the engine. So im guessing its the RMS and Oil pan gasket, because thats all thats left. so i figure kill 2 birds with one stone and do em both at the same time. Well i have nor the time or place to do something like this at and my buddy is going through a divorce and is living back with his parents, so i feel bad asking him to do it, so my only option is to take it to a reputable shop and have them do it. So my question is..whats the going rate for a RMS job. The place i wanna take it to is like a mom and pop place and does very good work and are very friendly and willing to work with you.

Back