• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bastard lift questions

Schnoz

NAXJA Forum User
so I am currently ordering parts to lift my pile approx. 4.5". this is what I have ordered so far, or already have.

New shocks
s-10 leaf pack
brakelines from a chevy
4.5" coils for the front
haven't got the u bolts yet

Do I need to buy new LCA's?
is there anything else you can think that I am missing?

I am trying to do this as cheap as possible due to limited fundage so If I do need new LCA's any idea of junkyard upgrades?(besides the geo trackers for the rear)

not sure about the j/y lcas but you probably need longer or adjustable ones, you will need an adjustable trackbar(or a relocation kit of some kind), extended sway bar end links(or disconnects) and depending on if you get vibes, an SYE or TC drop kit.

anything over 3" of lift and its usually no longer budget as more modifications need to be made. ive got a budget 2.5" lift, all i needed was the springs and shocks. but my front axle is off by 1/2"(anything more and i would want an adj trackbar), my brake lines are stretched as far as i would safely go, i adjusted my (oem)LCAs out 1/8". i think my next step will be around 4.5", but ill be saving my money for a while first.

You can get away with the stock lca's but really should replace them. You will need to address your e brake cables as well. after the lift they will probably be pulled tight against the muffler.

I did the same thing as you. Depending on what year Jeep you have, you may or may not need the sye. Also depending on what trans. I have a 93 with manual trans and of course the old style slip yoke transfer case (shorter) These things add up to a longer driveline, which helps reduce vibes per lift height. I have no vibes with my setup, currently no sye. I did have to build some lca's and extended the stock uca's. At that lift height, your axle won't even be close to the center of the wheel well on stock lca's. Also, Rough Country has a reasonably priced adj. track bar and sway bar disconnects. Call them and ask for Jason, he will hook you up with a 10% discount for being a NAXJA member/user. You could also extend your stock sway bar end links if you are handy with a welder.

Back