• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine light / codes

guzzirider

NAXJA Forum User
My check engine light came on 2 weeks ago, It said O2 senseors and an EGR solenoid and fuse. Since I had to go OOT the next monday I dropped it off at the dealer

$239 later a new fuse and EGR solinoid were replaced. I drove it 40 miles today and the the check engine light is back on. It reads the following codes

1) P 1491 Mod$D1 manufacturer control Aux Emissions Control

2) P130 Mod$D1 02 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 1

3) P136 Mod$D1 02 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2

any suggestions?????

Which fuse was replaced? And, have you done anything to check the HEGO sensors yourself, or have a report from the dealership?

I'm assuming (Gawd, I hate that word!) that the last two codes are "P0130" and "P0136" - please do make sure to give all four digits. The "0" and "1" in the position right after the letter make a huge difference! ("0" indicates an SAE Standard code, and "1" indicates a vendor/manufacturer-specific code.)

Sometimes codes are thrown because of a wiring fault between the component and the PCM/ECU. HEGO sensors are common for wiring faults - look where the thing operates! I'd check the wiring to see what's going on (for most "techs", finding a wiring fault is like looking at an elephant through a microscope.)

Back