• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nice flashlight

If you're stupid enough to buy it... more power to you I guess..

Somehow, I'm willing to bet SureFire's handheld HID is brighter - but Group 5 doesn't give with a bulb output.

I can see where it may be useful (marine or aero, mainly,) but if you want to get it for your truck, why should I stop you? It would make short work of tailgaters tho...

5-90 said:
Somehow, I'm willing to bet SureFire's handheld HID is brighter - but Group 5 doesn't give with a bulb output.

I can see where it may be useful (marine or aero, mainly,) but if you want to get it for your truck, why should I stop you? It would make short work of tailgaters tho...

I saw it in JP mag, they claim 5590 lumens (Jeep high beams are 2000) :D

mikedashg said:
I saw it in JP mag, they claim 5590 lumens (Jeep high beams are 2000) :D

Ah - so it is brighter. I think The Beast (SureFire's version) comes in somewhere around 5000. They've got a Hellfighter as well - powered by vehicle batteries, and usually a co/ax mount on a heavy machine gun. I don't recall the rating on that, but it's pretty ugly as well...

5-90 said:
Ah - so it is brighter. I think The Beast (SureFire's version) comes in somewhere around 5000. They've got a Hellfighter as well - powered by vehicle batteries, and usually a co/ax mount on a heavy machine gun. I don't recall the rating on that, but it's pretty ugly as well...

Yeah, this one you can hold in your hand.

But wow, the surefire beast ain't cheap either :D

I could buy an XJ, lift it, lock it with some 33's and go wheeling just about anywhere I wanted for that.

this is what the GOV is spending our tax money on...over priced hammers and toilet seats and bling bling flashlights...but damn thats a nice flashlight :) lol

5-90 said:

I wish I could mount a heavy machine gun on my rig! I'll take that over the flashlight...

cashless said:
this is what the GOV is spending our tax money on...over priced hammers and toilet seats and bling bling flashlights...but damn thats a nice flashlight :) lol

I am betting you have never been on a night patrol, down a IED filled road in Iraq.

I don't give a shit if it cost $10,000 for a flashlight. If it can be used to my Marines safe than it is fine with me.

GrimmJeeper said:
you see sequoia posted the A in bold, meaning he was referring to what could be an E changing the word. it'll come to you dont sweat it :D

I did see that, but I didn't know what other letters would work there to make some other word. Thanks for letting me buy a vowel though. Never heard of it, never needed it.

:p

Wow, 20 CR123 batteries for ~1.25 hours of use? That's gonna get expensive fast. Although if you can afford a $3000 flashlight I guess you can probably afford batteries too.

Personally, I have a Streamlight Strion rechargeable for my personal use, and a Stinger for in-vehicle use. They are plenty bright, and I spent less than $300 for both with spare rechargeable batteries and car chargers.

Back