• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throtle Body Cable... anyone knows?

JorgeA

NAXJA Forum User
Hello... I just clean up the whole throotle body but when I connected again there are two cables going to it.. one for the accelerator coming form inside the cabin and other from the transmision (I have no control cruise). The cable from the transmision has a little push botton for adjustment.. anyone knows how does it work??... What happend if I pull the cover of this cable and what happend if I pull the cover of this cable??.. Thanks for your help.
JorgeA

The pushbutton tranny cable is really simple: Push the button in, and push the sheath back as far as it will go. Now open up the throttle, to full throttle. It will ratchet to the correct adjustment. Done.

JorgeA said:
Thanks for your answer... but I meant what does this cable with the tranny?
It coordinates shift points and downshifts with throttle position, or at least it does part of that job, along with the throttle position sensor. I have heard of people changing the adjustment of the cable to make the transmission shift a little later at higher rpms, but don't know just what results you'd get by trying this, or which way you would adjust it. I suppose, though, since it's so easy to reset, you could experiment with little harm.

Thanks Matthew.... I found a text regarding this issue on the FSM for XJ and I adjusted it... it is very easy and yes, it constrols the shift in some way.

JorgeA

Back